Types of Information Collected:
To ensure that only authorized persons have access to member supplied information on any ASSOCIATION website, information is collected, and its access is limited, including:
- All active members of The ASSOCIATION are granted access to the websites via the use of their assigned public and private ID numbers. Based on the member’s profile, access is dynamically granted to the various parts of the websites.
- Though we make every effort to preserve member privacy, we may need to disclose personal information when required by law when we have a good-faith belief that such action is necessary to comply with a current judicial proceeding, a court order, or legal process.
- We may share aggregated demographic information with our affiliates and/or advertisers not linked to any personally identifiable information.
Who Has Access to Information:
- To access portions of any Association website, a member is required to give certain information to ensure that member is authorized to access the information requested. The confidential portion of that information is accessible only by that member and the support staff who administers The ASSOCIATION owned sites. All staff members are bound by The ASSOCIATION’S confidentiality agreements and policies.
- To fulfill a member’s request for information, that member may consent, actively or passively, to have certain information sent to The ASSOCIATION, an affiliate, or a third party vendor to allow an appropriate response with the information the member requested.
- Members may also belong to other organizations which are affiliated with The ASSOCIATION, with which we may share information on membership and use in order to grant a member access to certain portions of an ASSOCIATION website. In addition, The ASSOCIATION may have contractual and other relationships with organizations in order to improve the features of, and information within, any Association website. These third parties are not allowed to use personally identifiable information except for the purpose of providing those described items.
How We Collect Information:
In order to provide members optimal access and features, The ASSOCIATION collects information in several ways, including:
- We request information from a member ordering goods or services. A member must provide contact information (such as name, email, and shipping address) and financial information (such as credit card number, expiration date). This information is used for billing purposes and to fill customer’s orders. If we have trouble processing an order, the information is used to contact the member.
- Members who post information to, and use information from any ASSOCIATION website are each given a profile which tracks and records usage. This enables the website to verify that only appropriately authorized members post and edit information. Profiles also allow the tracking of usage to assist in assuring members that the information on the website is accurate and up to date.
- We store information that we collect through cookies, log files, clear gifs, and/or third parties to create a profile of our members and members. A profile is stored information that we keep on each individual member and member that detail their viewing and usage preferences. This profile is used to tailor a member’s visit to any ASSOCIATION website.
- A cookie is a piece of data stored on the member’s computer tied to information about the member. We use both session ID cookies and persistent cookies. For the session ID cookie, once members close the browser, the cookie simply terminates. A persistent cookie is a small text file stored on the member’s hard drive for an extended period of time. Persistent cookies can be removed by following Internet browser help file directions but may cause portions of any ASSOCIATION Website to no longer be available to that member.
- We employ a software technology called clear gifs (a.k.a. Web Beacons/Web Bugs), that help us better manage content on our site by informing us what content is effective. Clear gifs are tiny graphics with a unique identifier, similar in function to cookies, and are used to track the online movements of internet members. The main difference between the two is that clear gifs are invisible on the page and are much smaller, about the size of the period at the end of this sentence and may be tied to members’ personally identifiable information.
Association Websites may contain links to other sites.
From time-to-time our site may request information from members via surveys. Participation in these surveys is completely voluntary and the member therefore has a choice whether or not to disclose requested information. Survey information may be used for purposes of monitoring or improving the use and satisfaction of this site. Though we may use an intermediary to conduct these surveys, they may not use members’ personally identifiable information for any secondary purposes.
The ASSOCIATION takes every precaution to protect our members’ and members’ information. When members submit sensitive information via the web site, their information is protected both online and off-line.
When our registration/order form asks members to enter sensitive information (such as credit card number and/or social security number), that information is encrypted and is protected with the best encryption software in the industry – SSL.
While on a secure page, such as our order form, the lock icon on the bottom of Web browsers such as Netscape Navigator and Microsoft Internet Explorer becomes locked, as opposed to un-locked, or open, when members are just “surfing”. While we use SSL encryption to protect sensitive information online, we also do everything in our power to protect member-information off-line. All of our members’ information, not just the sensitive information mentioned above, is restricted in our offices. Only employees who need the information to perform a specific job (for example, our billing clerk or a customer service representative) are granted access to personally identifiable information. All employees are kept up-to-date on our security and privacy practices. Any time new policies are added; our employees are notified and/or reminded about the importance we place on privacy, and what they can do to ensure our members’ information is protected. Finally, the servers that store personally identifiable information are in a secure environment, in a locked facility.
Privacy Issues with Links to Other Sites:
ASSOCIATION is not responsible for the availability of or the business and privacy practices of other Web sites which are linked or connected to LasVegasRealtor.com. We provide these links to our visitors for information and service. We do not take responsibility for the contents, advertising, products or other materials made available through any other Web site nor for their data collection practices. We refer you to their Privacy Statements and Policies to learn how they collect and use information about you.
Privacy Statement Changes:
ASSOCIATION reserves the right to change or amend its Privacy Statement to address new issues of privacy and information security and to reflect changes to our Web site or business practices. Any new changes and/or amendments will be noted on our Home Page and will always be posted in this section of the ASSOCIATION Web site. If we make material changes to this policy in how we use your personal information, we will notify you here, by email, or by means of a notice on our home page.
Questions about this Privacy Statement:
If you have any questions about this Privacy Statement or the practices of this Web site, you can send an e-mail to: Admin@glvar.org.
Greater Las Vegas Association of REALTORS®
1750 East Sahara Avenue
Las Vegas, Nevada 89104
Greater Las Vegas Association of Realtors (“ASSOCIATION”)
Terms and Conditions of Use (“Agreement”)
PLEASE READ THE FOLLOWING TERMS AND CONDITIONS RELATING TO YOUR ACCESS AND USE OF WWW.LASVEGASREALTOR.COM AND THE ASSOCIATION EXTRANET (collectively, the “Site”) CAREFULLY.
By using this Site with your personal login, you agree to be bound to these Terms and Conditions of Use. You acknowledge that you have agreed to, and have executed, either a hardcopy Subscriber License and Access Agreement or a Participant Subscriber License and Access Agreement, the terms of which govern your use of this Site and the information you access from it. The Terms and Conditions you are accepting by using this Site , are in addition to, or restate, those contained in that hardcopy Agreement. ASSOCIATION, its subsidiaries, members, business affiliates and suppliers (“we” “us” or “our”) make the information and services provided on this Site available to you, conditioned on your acceptance without modification of these terms, conditions and notices. We reserve the right to modify them at any time. You should check these Terms and Conditions periodically for changes. By using this Site after we post any changes to these Terms and Conditions you agree to accept those changes, whether or not you have reviewed them. If you choose not to accept these Terms and Conditions at any time, please do not use this Site.
2. Scope of Terms and Conditions.
These Terms and Conditions apply to your use of this Site owned and operated by ASSOCIATION. These Terms and Conditions do not apply to your use of unaffiliated Sites to which our Site merely links.
These Terms and Conditions apply only to our Site and not to the web sites of any other companies, organizations or individuals including those to which our Site may link. We are not responsible for the availability of any other site to which our Site links. We do not take responsibility for the contents, advertising, products or other materials made available through other any site nor do we endorse the sites. Under no circumstances will we be held responsible or liable, directly or indirectly, for any loss or damage that is caused or alleged to have been caused to you in connection with your use or reliance on any content, goods or services available on any other site. Please direct your concerns to that site’s webmaster or appropriate contact.
4. Proprietary Rights and Restrictions on Use:
You acknowledge that the information available through this Site may include textual, statistical, financial, photographic, video and audio components which are protected by United States Copyright Law. You acknowledge that this information is confidential and its use is restricted to your own internal business purposes, and no other commercial purpose. You shall not reproduce, redistribute, publish, retransmit, broadcast, sell or license or allow anyone else to reproduce, redistribute, publish, display, retransmit, broadcast, sell or license any such information, except as agreed in writing between us. You agree to comply with any additional use restrictions which may be announced by ASSOCIATION at any time regarding specific information provided through this Site.
5. Copyright Ownership.
All rights, title and interest in this Site created by ASSOCIATION and in the ownership of the copyright therein, shall at all times remain vested in ASSOCIATION. ASSOCIATION shall have the right to license such compilations or portions thereof and any data contained therein to any entity pursuant to the terms agreed upon by the ASSOCIATION Board of Directors.
6. Restrictions on Use.
You may not modify, publish, copy, transmit, reproduce, license, create derivative works from, adapt, transfer, sell or in any manner commercially exploit any and/or all information and content obtained from this Site. This prohibition includes, but is not limited to, the practice of “screen scraping” which we consider theft of our proprietary information and those who deal with our data in this manner may be subject to prosecution. By using this Site you warrant to ASSOCIATION that you will not use this Site for any unlawful purpose or any prohibited use pursuant to these Terms and Conditions. Your violation of any of these prohibitions automatically terminates your right to use this Site and you are on notice that we intend to pursue our legal remedies for any violation.
7. Security of Our Access ID’s and Penalties for Disclosure.
The unique alphanumeric ID we give to you for accessing the Site (“Access ID”) is owned by us. You shall treat the Access ID as private, confidential and personal and shall safeguard and maintain its confidentiality. Use by any other person shall be considered as theft. You are liable for any consequences that may result from unauthorized disclosure of the Access ID, whether intentional, negligent or inadvertent, including but not limited to immediate termination of this Agreement and liability for liquidated damages. Technological advances allow us to seed the data on this Site and to undertake user monitoring on a regular random basis such that violations of the security of our Access ID’s will be detected.
8. Liability Disclaimer.
You use this Site at your own risk. Your use of the data provided here is also used at your own risk. UNDER NO CIRCUMSTANCES, INCLUDING, BUT NOT LIMITED TO, NEGLIGENCE, WILL WE OR ANY OF OUR MEMBERS, AFFILIATES, SUBSCRIBERS, OR SUPPLIERS BE LIABLE FOR ANY SPECIAL OR CIRCUMSTANTIAL DAMAGES THAT RESULT FROM THE USE OF, OR INABILITY TO USE, THIS SITE, INCLUDING, BUT NOT LIMITED TO, RELIANCE BY YOU ON ANY INFORMATION OBTAINED THROUGH USE OF THIS SITE OR THAT RESULT FROM MISTAKES, OMISSIONS, DELETIONS OR DELAYS IN TRANSMISSION OF SUCH INFORMATION, INTERRUPTIONS IN TELECOMMUNICATION OR INTERNET CONNECTION TO THIS SITE, VIRUSES OR FAILURES OF PERFORMANCE, WHETHER CAUSED IN WHOLE OR PART BY NEGLIGENCE, ACTS OF GOD, TELECOMMUNICATION OR INTERNET FAILURE, THEFT OR DESTRUCTION OF, OR UNAUTHORIZED ACCESS TO THIS SITE OR RELATED INFORMATION, RECORDS OR PROGRAMS.
9. Warranty Disclaimer.
You expressly understand and agree that this Site and the information available through this Site is provided on an “as is” “as available” basis. ASSOCIATION does not warrant that this Site will be uninterrupted or error-free, and ASSOCIATION makes no warranty as to the accuracy, completeness, authenticity, or reliability of any information available through the Site. ASSOCIATION expressly disclaims any and all warranties with respect to the Site and the information available through the Site, including but not limited to the implied warranties of merchantability and fitness for a particular purpose. This Site and the information available through this Site are always subject to change.
You shall indemnify and hold us and third-party information suppliers, harmless from any and all liability (including reasonable fees of attorneys and other professionals) arising from any claim or proceeding initiated by any third party against us, based upon;
(a) any inaccuracy of any listing information supplied by you,
(b) any unauthorized use of our Access ID’s,
(c) any unauthorized use of the Site, or
(d) infringement of any third party’s proprietary or contract right as a result of the availability of your listing information on this Site.
11. Membership Termination.
Should you terminate REALTOR® membership or participation in the ASSOCIATION Multiple Listing Service, any licensed agent subscriber and non-licensed office staff affiliated with you shall also be terminated.
12. Changes to the Site.
ASSOCIATION may make changes or improvements to the information, services, products or other materials on this Site at any time without notice.
(a) You shall use the Site only for the purposes set forth in these Terms and Conditions, and you shall make no copies, extracts, digests or summaries for any other purpose, except in strict furtherance of the limited purposes stated herein. You shall maintain the source of the data contained in the Site as confidential information.
(b) You shall not disclose or provide access to this Site to any friends, affiliates, parent organization, subsidiaries, corporate partners, consultants, shareholders, agents, third parties or any persons. You agree not to provide or otherwise make available any licensed program or material or access to the Site to any person without prior written consent from us.
(c) You acknowledge that the Site is proprietary to us, has been developed as a commercial trade secret at the expenditure of our time and money, and is furnished to you in trust. You agree that you will hold and use the Site in the same manner as you deal with your own proprietary information and trade secrets.
(d) You shall initiate strict security measures to prevent the accidental or otherwise unauthorized use or release of access to the Site, with particular respect to consumer information that is considered “sensitive”, namely: financial information including, but not limited to, listing price, sales price, mortgage values, real estate loan information, default and foreclosure information, as related to a named individual owner.
(e) Upon your violation of this paragraph, and without cause stated, we may exclude you from access to the Site and thereby terminate this agreement upon notification by us.
a) exclude any reference to information that is specific to any particular individual recipient of any such marketing communication; and
b) comply with all applicable privacy, data security, best practices and all other laws, rules and regulations relevant to your business model, including but not limited to, the “Controlling the Assault of Non-Solicited Pronography and Marketing Act” (CAN-SPAM Act of 2003), the Final Rules promulgated by the Federal Trade Commission in furtherance of the Gramm Leach Bliley Act, the Telephone Consumer Protection Act of 1991, as amended, the Fair Credit Reporting Act, Federal Do-Not-Call laws, various State Do-Not-Call laws, and the Direct Marketing Association’s applicable privacy and information security policies.
15. Jurisdictional Issues.
We operate and control our Site from our offices in Las Vegas, Nevada in the United States of America. We do not represent that materials on this Site are appropriate or available for use in other locations. Persons who access this Site from other locations do so on their own initiative and are responsible for compliance with local privacy, consumer protection and other laws, if and to the extent such local laws are applicable.
These Terms and Conditions will be governed by laws of the State of Nevada without regard to principles or conflicts of laws. You agree that any action at law or in equity that arises out of or relates to these Terms and Conditions will be subject to binding arbitration in accordance with the American Arbitration Association and will be arbitrated in Las Vegas, Nevada.
If any of these Terms and Conditions are found to be unlawful, void, or for any reason unenforceable, that provision will be considered severed from the remaining provisions and will not affect the validity or enforceability of the remaining provisions.
This Agreement may be modified only by our posting of changes to these Terms and Conditions. Any inquiries regarding these terms and conditions of use should be directed to Admin@glvar.org.
Required Information from Members
All members of the Association wishing to maintain an active status with the Association and receive the benefits and services entitled to members must supply the Association with accurate and up-to-date information at all times. The following information is required of all members: Legal First Name, Legal Middle Initial, Legal Last Name, Complete Home Mailing Address*, Home Telephone Number*, Social Security Number*, Date of Birth*, State License Number, License Expiration Date, Previous NRDS Number, Office Number and Address. (Items followed by an * are considered Confidential.)
It is the member’s responsibility to insure that all information is kept up to date. Most of these fields can be updated online at http://www.LasVegasRealtor.com or by calling a customer service representative at 702-784-5000. Failure to keep this information up-to-date could result in fines, and/or termination of services leading to termination of membership.